Big things are happening at Convina and we'd love to have you along for the ride.
At Convina we build web products. And of course, these days that means our products are everywhere, from your pocket smartphone to your 60-inch television. We're a privately held, debt free, self funded business and we've been operating profitably for 10+ years. So yeah, unlike the hot-shot start-up down the street, we're planning on being in business for more than a year or two.
Who We're Looking For
We're looking for amazing people who care about creating amazing web. We're seeking out entrepreneurial-minded designers, coders, and innovators. Everyone at Convina has a healthy ego, and we want even more of that. But at the same time, we're searching for people who take their ego out on the products they create, not on their co-workers.
You name it. That's right, at Convina you get to choose your own perks. Would you like to work in a different city? Do you need health insurance for your family? Do you prefer late night hacking or working a flex schedule with more full days off? It's up to you.
At Convina we don't believe in working now for a lifestyle you want in the future. Everyone on our team designs their own benefits package. And when circumstances change, we make adjustments.
If choosing your own benefits package is blowing your mind too much to know what to ask for, here are a few examples to get the creative juices flowing:
- Choose your workspace. Private office, co-working, hipster coffee shop, or choose one of our studios near Salt Lake City or the Research Triangle.
- Choose your hours. We've got talent in every time zone, so office hours are out the window.
- Choose your hardware.
Step 1) Point your browser to: http://www.apple.com.
Step 2) Load up.
- Choose your compensation. Have a family and need full health benefits? We'll gear your compensation that way. Can you live on shoestring and you'd rather have stock options? No problem. Let's put together a package that works for you.
- Choose your time off. Maybe you'd prefer 4 longer days during the week and a 3 day weekend. Whatever floats your boat. Maybe you'd like to go live in Europe for a month or two and take a break from the daily grind. Wouldn't be the first time at Convina. :)
- Choose your software. Well that's a given, right?
- Choose your career development. We love honing our skills. We love web conferences. We love growing our library of technical books. And above all, we love to be better at what we do than pretty much everyone we know.
What We're Asking For
In return for the lifestyle and work environment of your choice, we ask for two things:
- Passion: If you don't love what you do, why are you here? Creating web products that engage end-users to facilitate communication and commerce– times that by a million and that's what we get excited about. We're looking for like-minded people who can't wait to push out new iterations and see how the masses react.
- Product: A product is the end result. It's what you contribute. At Convina we create high-value products and we expect high value from our team members. It's fun to impress people, and it's challenging to perpetually exceed expectations. But that's what we expect from ourselves as a business, and that's what we expect from the people we work with.
Job titles? We hope you aren't expecting business cards. For some reason no one here has them.
When the right people come along who can truly empower web business– we try to snatch them up. But if you're wondering what we're specifically in need of right now, here's the list:
- iOS Developer. Seriously, why are these people so hard to come by? If you can make iOS pop (in a good way), please give us a chance to show you what we're working on. We know you'll want to be a part of it.
- Web Artist. What we're looking for is an artist who can work in any medium (sketching, oil, sculpture, crayons, you name it). And this person should be savvy enough to transfer those mediums seamlessly into digital.
- Systems Innovator. At Convina we specialize in doing a whole lot with a just a tiny bit– which is a lot more fun than it might sound. If you have experience squeezing maximum value out of few resources, we want you on our team. We're looking for someone with a deep understanding of Linux, database systems, and programming platforms who can really get obsessed with CPU cycles, load balancing, redundancy, and all that jazz.
Each of these positions is available at any level, from starting as an intern to coming in at the top of your field. What's most important is passion and product (see above).
Technically, anywhere. Convina's two primary locations are Salt Lake City, UT and Raleigh-Durham, NC. But we have talented team members working from coast to coast. So wherever you are, or wherever you want to be... you can be part of Convina.
How to Apply
Click here to submit your formal application to our rigid, process-oriented human resources analysis matrix.
Yeah right. Just get in touch with us at: email@example.com
Wondering what to send us? That's probably not a good sign...